Saturday, September 15, 2012

ROCK Sex: "The Only One I Know" - The Byrds > The Charlatans UK



ROCK Sex says, "The only one I see has carved her way into me.

Today, the cultural relay ricochet that led to "The Only One I Know".

_______________


"Everyone has been burned before,
everybody knows the pain."


One great song...

THE BYRDS -"Everybody's Been Burned" (1967)



...leads to another.

THE CHARLATANS (uk) -"The Only One I Know" (1990)



And other great songs had lead to them.:

• The Byrds song borrows the James Bond theme for its intro.

• The Charlatans song vibes its groove off of Deep Purple's version of "Hush", (which is a descendant of The Supremes' "You Can't Hurry Love").



© Tym Stevens




See Also:

"You Showed Me" - The Byrds > The Turtles > De La Soul > Salt-n-Pepa > U2

"You Can't Hurry Love" - The Supremes > Iggy Pop > The Jam > David Bowie


The Real History of Rock and Soul!: The Music Player Checklist


No comments: